2011年9月4日日曜日

Jennifer Aniston Covers Marie Claire Australia October 2011

Making for the ideal choice when it comes to cover girls, Jennifer Aniston graces the front page of the October 2011 issue of Marie Claire Australia.

On newsstands in the Land Down Under now, the former "Friends" star opened up to the magazine about a range of subjects such as her first job, what she'd be if she wasn't an actress and playing a horrible boss.

Highlights from Miss Aniston's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit Marie Claire Australia!

On her first job:
As an extra on my dad's (actor John Aniston) soap opera, Search For Tomorrow. When I was 12, I asked him if I could get a part on his show. I wore a yellow skating outfit, and I was kind of large. It's hard to look good in yellow, and I certainly did not. I remember I got a check for about $100, and I was blown away. Later, I waited a lot of tables, and I wasn't very good at that. I dropped more than one burger in customers' laps, and you just do not want all of that Swiss cheese and mushrooms in your pants. I wasn't a good waitress, but I was told that I was very nice and charming, so people liked me anyway.

On what she spent her first big paycheck on:
A vintage Mercedes. I was struggling a little bit in New York, working as a waitress at Jackson Hole [Mountain Resort in Wyoming], but not really getting any consistent acting work. Then, I moved out here to Los Angeles, and I started getting pilots and working pretty regularly. I still didn't make any decent money until I got on Friends. Practically every day for about a year, I'd drive by this beautiful car that was parked on Melrose [Avenue] with a "for sale" sign in it. It was a beautiful little vintage Mercedes 280SL. I had it fixed up, but it never worked. It was a lemon. Now I know why it was on the street for so long! I may have driven it three times, but I held on to it forever. It really represented something to me.

On what she'd be if she wasn't an actress:
Maybe an interior designer. I love seeing a house and thinking about how it should be redone or restored. I spent a lot of time doing my current house, and it’s beautiful. It's like a beautiful work of art and I’m very proud of it. But I recently realized that I’m into cozier spaces. My house is too big. I love to entertain there, but most of the time the house is empty. I just live in one room, and I don’t need all of the space. Now, I get to do that fun part again and look for a new one.

On having a blast playing a horrible boss:
I had a fantastic time playing one. Honestly, the character is so absurd. I'd never done anything like this part. It was degrading and uncomfortable for Charlie, and it was really fun for me! Right now, I'm directing a short film with Patricia Clarkson and Tony Shalhoub for Project Five, an anthology of short films about breast cancer. I'm trying to be a good boss; to have a good temper; know what I’m doing; and have everything in order. I think it's just about creating a positive environment. If you're going to kill 'em, you've got to kill 'em with kindness.


View the original article here

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿