2011年9月24日土曜日

Alexa Chung Tells Us How To Dress Like Her (‘Wear Stupid Shoes!’) and Elle Fanning and Kate Bosworth Gush Over Her New Collection for Madewell

Photo: WireImage

LOS ANGELES–When it comes to personal style, there’s no better embodiment of a brazen fashionista than Alexa Chung; and it’s no wonder that Madewell tapped her for a second collaborative collection (sales of her debut collection went through the roof) this fall. InStyle hosted a celebratory soiree in her honor last night, the eve before the collection hits stores, at the Chateau Marmont and packed the house with a stylish set including Amanda Seyfried, Diana Agron, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone, Zelda Williams and more.

A pop-up shop displaying the entire line occupied guests for hours, while we made the rounds to see just what it is about Chung’s style that’s so decidedly addictive.

“She’s my favorite kind of sexy,” said Kate Bosworth, hot off her European run as the face of Vanessa Bruno. “I think Alexa is so chic and unique and playful. That tomboyish femininity…like she’s not trying too hard. You can tell she’s sharp, totally a smart girl.”

Clad in a prim ivory lace dress from the collection, Elle Fanning excitedly fawned over the fashion before embracing Alexa in a sweet hug to congratulate her. “Everything is so cute! I love Madewell and I love Alexa…having them together is like heaven!” enthused the young actress, who first met Chung at the Met Ball months ago. “She’s really, really fun. I love how she sort of wears baby doll dresses but still has the tomboy thing going on. It suits her so well.”

So what did the girl of the hour have to say about all of the fashion flattery? “Yeah, it’s true. I like to kick against the mainstream. When people hate what I’m wearing, or just don’t get it, it’s like validation that I’ve got it right. It’s like cool, I didn’t want you to anyway!” the style icon laughed. As for the collaboration, she elaborated, “It’s like a dream world to work with Madewell because we have the same vibe, we appreciate the same visual aesthetic. I’m very happy with everything, but the leopard print boots are my favorite because they came out exactly as I drew them. They were missing in my closet. I dreamt them up and now they’re on my feet!”

And after all that, we had to ask, what are the tenets to dressing like Alexa Chung? Without missing a beat, she outlined the following: “Have fun. Don’t take anything too seriously. Try a bit of irony now and again. Don’t wear anything too tight. Borrow things from your brother, boyfriend or father’s wardrobe. And wear stupid shoes!”


View the original article here

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿