2011年9月15日木曜日

Michelle Williams Turns Marilyn Monroe for Vogue

Channeling an iconic figure, Michelle Williams transformed into Marilyn Monroe for the October 2011 issue of Vogue magazine.

Set to hit newsstands on September 20, the cover spread comes as the 31-year-old actress is readying for the November 4th release of her new movie "My Week with Marilyn".

Highlights from Michelle's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit Vogue!

On being more willing to open up in interviews:

“I feel like something has changed for me, but it’s a new change, so it’s going to be hard for me to describe. Maybe it has something to do with turning 30. I don’t feel as shy or nervous or self-conscious. I have more confidence that I can handle what life brings me. I don’t feel scared to have an idea and express it. I feel giddy about it because it’s a complete transformation. It’s like I’ve found my voice.”

On the challenge of playing the legendary Marilyn Monroe:

“As soon as I finished the script [for My Week with Marilyn], I knew that I wanted to do it, and then I spent six months trying to talk myself out of it. But I always knew that I never really had a choice. I’ve started to believe that you get the piece of material that you were ready for.”

On packing on pounds to get Marilyn's curves:

“Unfortunately, it went right to my face (puffs up cheeks to illustrate). So at some point it became a question of, Do I want my face to look like Marilyn Monroe’s or my hips?” (She opted for the former and filled out the latter with foam padding.)


View the original article here

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿