2011年9月5日月曜日

Clarissa Explains It All - About Chaz Bono's DWTS Stint!

melissa-joan-hart-responds-to-chaz-bono-haters

After all these years - she's still just as logical as the character for which she became famous!

Melissa Joan Hart, who was also a contestant on Dancing With The Stars, is speaking out about the controversy surrounding Chaz Bono's inclusion on the latest edition of the reality competition, and she can't figure out the big effing deal is!

She says:

“I don’t even think that’s relevant. You’ve had elderly people, you have teenagers, dancers, people who have never been in front of a camera, and you’ve had a woman with one leg. I mean, you have a lot of challenges there. I don’t think being transgendered is really a challenge. He is a notable person, and an icon’s son, or daughter, or whatever, and I think that that’s going to draw a lot of attention. He wrote a book, people follow him on Twitter, it’s like, the people who are on that show are fascinating and they have a large draw. The casting directors there do a great job of drawing in people. And also, recreating careers. That show, while people may go in and you may not have heard about them much or recently, I mean look at Jennifer Grey – people’s careers are revived on there. I don’t know that this show [Melissa & Joey] would have happened if I wasn’t on it. I think it showed ABC Family that there was still a draw for me. So I feel that it helped my career in a way. People are really shocked by it [the newest cast], I guess. They’re getting a lot of reality stars which is interesting. I think there’s a blurred line right now between celebrity and star. Celebrity used to be star used to be talent, used to be based on something. Now, celebrity is based on whoever’s talked about and whoever’s most ridiculous. People are always like, You’re a child star who made it through, and how did you do it ? And you’re like, ‘You just don’t hear about the good ones.’ There are a lot of good ones. ABC Family has a lot of them — Candace Cameron, Molly Ringwald — these people that are still working, have families, have a life, but have managed to stay out of the public eye and maintain some sort of integrity. But they’re boring, so you don’t hear about them. Someone should do an article on the most boring people in Hollywood and then you’d find us. But I keep saying, I’m like one controversial issue away from a movie career. Like, if I just had a DUI or a drug bust or acted erratically on an airplane, the next thing you know, Paramount is knocking on my door and I have a five-picture deal.”

Ha! She makes some pretty HIGHlarious points!

Who sees a Funny or Die spoof of her as an adult Clarissa saying the exact same stuff? We do!

It would be AH-mazing!

Thanks for speaking out, gurl, and really putting a lot of the nonsense surrounding Chaz in perspective! It was only a matter of time before they cast a transgendered person - and we couldn't have thought of a better choice!

Everyone needs to RELAX and get used to it!

God forbid they see a real-life one and, GASP, realize that they're just a person too!

Ugh! EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL!

[Image via WENN.]

Tags: chaz bono, dancing with the stars, equal rights, logical, melissa joan hart, reality competition, response, truth


View the original article here

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿