2013年3月28日木曜日

Point Blank director John Boorman says 'health and safety' would have ruined his films

John Voight in Deliverance Photo: WARNER BROS By Tim Walker

7:15AM GMT 27 Mar 2013

John Boorman, after being presented with a BFI Fellowship — the highest honour that the nation’s leading film organisation can bestow — told me that he counts himself lucky that he began his career when he did.

“Could I go off with a few actors into the wilds and make a film like Deliverance now?” the 80-year-old director mused. “If I were to, I’d have the health and safety people crawling all over me, and they’d make damn sure the film turned out mind-numbingly boring and uneventful.”

Jon Voight, the star of the great 1972 film, used to say that, while it helped to save his career, the eight weeks that he spent making it with Boorman came perilously close to ending his life.

Sophie’s choice

Sophie Raworth is training for the London Marathon in deadly earnest. The BBC newsreader pitched up at the Prince’s Trust and Samsung Celebrate Success Awards in a dress that she had rolled up in her rucksack for her eight-mile morning jog to work.

Related Articles

Excalibur star Nicol Williamson dies in penury

25 Jan 2012

The Winslow Boy: The best of British

20 Mar 2013

“It was a bit of a military operation,” she told me. “I rolled it up and ironed it when I got to the office. You need to plan ahead.” She is raising sponsorship money for the Prince’s Trust by running her third marathon in a row, having raised £17,000 for Cancer Research and £9,000 for St John Ambulance in her previous runs.

She was coy about how generous her fellow newsreaders were being.

Ruta wants to keep her clothes on

It’s all very well for Rooney Mara to say she is not ashamed of showing off her body, but Ruta Gedmintas, left, the star of The Tudors, tells me actresses should put up some resistance when directors ask them to disrobe.

“It is something we are all up against,” she laments at the launch of the Biker Project at All Saints in Covent Garden. “But it is so much sexier to suggest things than to show them. I am not saying I would rule it out, but it would have to be really relevant to the story for me to do it.”

Follow Tim Walker on Twitter https://twitter.com/MandrakeTim

 Celebrity newsNews »UK News »Mandrake »Film news »

Elsewhere



View the Original article

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿